Our ward Christmas party was on Friday. We combined it with Albany since we share the same building. I wasn't really in the mood to go and at the last minute decided I would. On the way there Kaelyn saw some Christmas lights and said that they were pretty. The Ryan asked her if Mommy was pretty. She said "Yes, but the lights are pretty too." She has a one track mind so I thought she would have said no. But then Ryan asked her what was prettier, Mommy or the lights. And she said the lights. Oh well. We get there and the kids act like they hadn't seen each other in forever. They were having a good ol' time. Then Kaelyn comes up to me and says, "Everyone wants to see me! .... They think I'm pretty!" Yeah, she's not full of herself. So she is standing in line to get food with some other families while I was sitting at the table with Jack. She comes back and she has salad and two cupcakes! We all thought that was quite funny. Then I told her she needed to tell who ever fixed her plate thank you. She says, "I fixed my plate ... So I need to tell myself thank you? ... Thank you Kaelyn!" Smartelic! Well Jack was tired and wouldn't settle down, so I spent the rest of the time in the mothers' lounge rocking him to sleep. Ryan said when they were singing Christmas songs, Kaelyn was dancing and singing along and she actually sat on Santa's lap! Morgan was still terrified of him. And Sunday we found out that Santa has ruined her for anyone with a beard. She was terrified of someone at church because of their beard. So we are leaving and we are waiting for Ryan (story of our lives these days) and Kaelyn asked where were the reindeer. I told her they left with Santa and she got upset and said, "I never get to see reindeer!" When ever she says that, I remind her how she fed one at the mountains (Gatlinburg). And that's not the same thing. She wants to feed Santa's reindeer. I think she might be referring to the bag of "Reindeer food" we have that someone gave her last year, but for some reason we couldn't put it out. Oh and lately when she's being bad I tell her that Santa is watching. And she says , "But Santa is not here." And what was funny about it was that I had just found out about "The Elf on the Shelf" that day. The Elf that reports to Santa every night. While I was trying to find out where I could get one and how much it cost and read several things about how kids would ask how Santa knew if they were good or bad.
Kaelyn and Zoe. Kaelyn had the cutest pose before this, but when I went to take the picture, my camera said that the memory card was full!
Kaelyn "posing"
This is what Morgan did all night. Climbed up and down the stairs to the stage. She was having so much fun, I couldn't get her to stop for a moment to take a picture with Kaelyn by the tree.
SANTA!






2 comments:
I know places here in Utah to get them,(Elf on a shelf) but they are expensive! Just find a cute stuffed christmasy stuffed animal or elf and put that on a shelf. It is way cheaper and works just as well.
Ryan has a real good friend who works at Barnes and Noble and he's going to get her to get one if they still have them after Christmas on clearance. That would make them $15!
Post a Comment