Thursday, December 4, 2008

That's ok. I have a spare!

This is the last post for the day, I promise. Last night I finally got a Christmas tree from my mom's house. We had to throw ours away this summer. Wood ants attacked it. Over the weekend we found out they attacked one of our Christmas boxes. Good thing there wasn't much of anything of importance. We had our Santa plate and mug in there but it could be washed. The only thing was, my teddy bear with my first Christmas pajamas was in there. Thank goodness it washed out. Anyway. Ryan put the tree up last night after the kids were in bed. Kaelyn is totally dying to put ornaments on it. We're waiting for Ryan to get home. All day Kaelyn has been using her bracelets and small stuffed animals to try to decorate it. So after the millionth time telling her not to touch the tree, I finally told her if she touched it again I would take the tree down and we wouldn't have a Christmas tree. All of the sudden I hear her quitely sobbing on the floor. I asked her what was wrong. She said that I hurt her feelings by telling her not to touch the tree. This is our conversation:

Mommy: You're mad at me for keeping you safe?
Kaelyn: (not quite sure what I meant by that) Yes.
Mommy: I told you not to touch the tree so it wouldn't fall on you and hurt you.
Kaelyn: We have bandaids.
Mommy: But it could poke your eye, then you can't see.
Kaelyn: Just one eye?
Like she was trying to figure out if it was worth it to loose her sight as long as she could see out the other one.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

She'd probably like wearing an eye patch. Then she'd be a pirate.