Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Still hate Christmas lights!

Soon after I wrote the last blog, I figured out how I should connect the lights. I only had to redo one of them and put back one that I redid for no reason. It wasn't the way I wanted it but it's going to have to work. I have this big long cord hanging down from my roof. Well I told Kaelyn not to tell Daddy that the lights were working and that we were going to surprise him when he got home after going to a Seminary Christmas party. I figured this would work because I've told her not to say something about something else before (can't tell you what because of people who read this blog!). Well, as soon as Ryan gets home Kaelyn says, "Daddy, the lights still don't work!" And she kept saying it over and over again. Ryan had this confused look on his face and I figured he just didn't know what she was talking about. I told Kaelyn not to say anything and she told me that she didn't tell him that they were working. I guess she was trying to throw him off. A little while later, Kaelyn looks out the window and yells, "Daddy! The lights are working!" I look outside and they are on. Ryan plugged them in when he got home. (That is why he looked so confused when Kaelyn was telling him that the lights weren't working) I don't know why I was thinking he wouldn't notice the extension cord hanging from the roof. So we walk outside to show the girls. Ryan is first and then he asks, "Why are only three of the stars working?" Remeber the extra lights I bought? Only three of the ten stars were working! So now I have to take them down and bring them back to Walmart! Returning things to Walmart this time of the year is fun!!!

1 comment:

Parkinson Family said...

that is so not cool, i feel your pain!