Our plans for the Saturday after Thanksgiving were: Go to my mom and dad's for a big breakfast at 10AM and then wait for my mom to get off of work at noon and go to the zoo. Well we get to my parents' house and their electricity was out. It had been out for 15 minutes before we got there. It's a good thing my dad had most of the food already ready. They had to pull out the generator and hook up a lamp and the griddle so he could finish making the hashbrowns. It took forever to come back on. We had to wait for our biscuits and gravy until the electricity came back on. And the zoo was out of the question, because it was raining. It rained all day! So finally we decide to go to Esplanade Mall and walk around. And they had this play area with games, and inflatables that was set up in one of the stores. We let the kids play in there for a while. Kaelyn and Michael both came out of there crying. Kaelyn was actually kicking and screaming. Cute little Patrick was either looking for his mommy or his daddy, I can't remember which. So he went toward the play area and started pointing to it like he was saying, "I'll find them." He was just looking for an excuse to go back in.
They had Santa there. We didn't take any pictures with him, but since there was no one there, the girls got to go see him and got coloring books and these cute reindeer antlers.
Boudreaux-the Zephers mascot. Patrick looked excited to see him, but kept his distance.
I think she game him a five and then quickly walked away.






3 comments:
Actually, we cooked the biscuits six at a time in the toaster oven that was hooked up the generator. We had to wait for the hashbrowns to be done because the griddle, lamp, warmers, and toaster oven couldn't be hooked up all at the same time. We ate those in the dark too. Still, it was quite an interesting breakfast, having to eat in installments. I think we started eating shortly after you got there and finished around noon.
Oh yeah, I forgot about cooking them in the toaster oven.
I was wondering what you guys did on Saturday. Sounds like quit an adventure. I enjoyed being with all of your family for Thanksgiving. The rain was amazing all day. Wish I knew you were at the mall visiting Santa, I have a wish list.
Post a Comment