Sunday, September 28, 2008

Morgan's big girl bed

Morgan got her very own bed a couple of weeks ago. It was a little difficult to get her in there, but she's loving it now. There's a funny story behind the bed though. Well, I think it's funny at least. We had always talked about putting her in a portable crib in Kaelyn's room when we were ready to put Jackson in the crib in the Morgan's room. Well one Friday, Ryan and I were talking about putting her in a toddler bed instead. I told Ryan I could probably find a cheap one from Walmart, but it would be plastic and Dora the Explorer or something like that. The very next morning, (we haven't told anyone about the toddler bed yet) my mom calls me and says that her and my sister were at a garage sale and they had a nice wooden toddler bed with a matress for $20! I just thought it was funny, that the day we decide to get her a toddler bed, my mom just happened to find one at a garage sale the next day. And my mom isn't one of those people that go looking for garage sales either. They just happened to be driving by on their way to the outlet mall in Gonzales. It's a cute bed. It just needs a few screws and it needs to be painted. We'll see if it ever gets painted. There a few projects that need painting that I've been putting off.

4 comments:

Terrence and Laura said...

How fun! Maddi started sleeping in her toddler bed about 2 months ago. I was so sick of her climbing out and figured...if she's gonna do it, I may as well make is safe for her to do. Are your girls sharing a room now? I'm still not so sure how excited I am sbout the whole shared room situation, but you do what you have to I suppose.

April Hardy said...

That's very cute and fashionable for a toddler bed. And a steal for the price. Good find!! When Staci gets married we are getting her twin bed. I can't imagine Autumn not sleeping in a crib. Until our next baby needs the crib she was stay in it.

Kerrie said...

We weren't too excited about it either, but Jack needed to start sleeping in his own room. Morgan gets up much earlier now that she's in her own bed. If Kaelyn got up at six in the morning, Ryan would give her something to eat and turn on the TV for her so I could sleep. Can't do that with Morgan. And for a while when we would put them to bed they would play with each other. And Morgan would get up and take out Kaelyn's night light (needless to say we have no more nightlight, which Kaelyn took surprisingly well). We had to put them to bed seprately for a while. It's getting better.

Parkinson Family said...

yeah i dont know what we are going to do when we have a 3rd, if the kids are together, yeah i dont think they'll sleep either! cute bed!