I was reading a board book about Jesus tonight to Morgan and Kaelyn. We came up to the part where Jesus was baptized. So I thought it would be a good opportunity to ask Kaelyn a couple of questions about being baptized. I asked her how old do we get baptized. And she said eight. I was surprised. I haven't taught her that. She must have learned it at church in primary. Which I'm still surprised, because it never looks like she's actually listening in primary. So I continue and ask her if she's going to get baptized, thinking she was going to give an enthusiastic yes. To my dissapointment she says, "I don't want to get baptized anymore." Then I asked her why and she's says, "Because I want to drive." I have no idea where she got that idea from. So I tell her a little more about being baptized hoping to get her excited about it and she still said she wanted to drive. So I go on and explain how mommy and daddy were both baptized and we drive. And then I ask her again. Same response. So I keep asking her and eventually she finally says, "How many times do I have to tell you? I don't want to get baptized anymore. I want to drive!" I couldn't help but laugh. I guess I have 3 1/2 years to work on that response.
Drop off
1 week ago






1 comment:
the things kids come up with! thanks for sharing
Post a Comment