Monday, August 31, 2009

School Work

So Kaelyn had a good first couple of days at school. She says the day is too long and that she misses us, but she loves school. She's making friends and finally remembered a name to tell me today. Bryce. Morgan does not like it when Kaelyn gets out of the van. She kicks and screams. Today she put her feet up against the back of the passenger seat and locked her knees so Kaelyn couldn't get out. Morgan has to have her own back pack when we drop her off and pick her up. It's so cute. At first I thought Morgan was enjoying being by herself, but now I don't think she likes it very much. It's only been three days so we will see how she likes it down the road.
.
Saturday I bought a filing crate and some folders and I'm going to try to keep all the papers she brings home. We'll see how that goes, because I'm not all that organized. I'm posting some of her papers so I can eventually put it in my blog book and so family can see what she's been doing in school. We'll see how that goes too. But I'm going to try to post pictures of her school work every week. I have a feeling that might get old very fast. So these are from her first couple days of Kindergarten. (I really hate how blogger tries to fix your pictures for you. Does anyone know how to stop that?)


4 comments:

Terrence and Laura said...

She does so well! It will be fun to see how much progress she makes throughout the year. What a cutie!

Tina said...

She's a great colorer!! I tried to save all of Logan's things, it started taking over my house....I gave up. Now I throw most of it away...I save really special things he makes in school

Kerrie said...

And she actually can color better than that too. I think she was in a hurry. I'm looking at one of her colorings that she did at home and it's all filled in and she only went out the lines a couple of times. I've been told she colors very well for her age. I'm curious to see how the other kids color. Just to compare. Kaelyn is my first, so when people tell me she is advanced for her age, I have no idea what they are talking about b/c I have no one to compare her to. If that is the case and she is advanced, I feel sorry for Morgan. Sometimes she seems so far behind. Kaelyn was able to do some many things that Morgan can't do yet.

April Hardy said...

My mom kept a lot of our stuff in a storage bin. She had individually labeled ones for each one of us. It was so fun when we moved out to finally get our bins! It had stuff we had made and done all through the years at school or at church. It was really neat and fun to see everything. Especially our Santa letters. I am already organizing and setting Autumns nursery art away. Not all of it, just what I think she may want to see when she is older and what holds memories.