Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I Am Awesome!!

Went shopping today!

Target

4 Jumbo Huggies Diapers $5.99 each (combined Target Q & MQ)

2 Boost Kid Essentials $2.70 each (combined Target Q & MQ)

3 Spec. K snack bars and 1 spec. K cereal $0.08 each (combined Target Q & MQ, bought 4 got $5 gift card-which I paid for seprate and just used it on the other purchases)

2 Johnson's & Johnson's baby wash $1.14 each (TQ & MQ)

10 single serve General Mills cereals -$2.65 total! (That's right! NEGATIVE! TQ & MQ to get overage!)

Spent $39.74 Saved $58.59

60% savings

The baby body wash wasn't as good of a deal as some people are getting, but I use it to make my baby wipes, so it's a good for me. And the Special K deal I probably could have gotten it all free, but my printer is stupid. I sent coupons to it and they didn't print so the websites had me already printing one. Still a great deal anyway! Oh and when we got home from the last time I went to Target I found out that they didn't apply my $10 coupon for the L.F. Tag I bought. I was able to print another one and brought it back to get my refund and found a couple other coupons for items that I had bought and they refunded my money for those too! So I changed me savings. Check out that post here.


Baker's

I wasn't too thrilled with the sales this week, but I had this $3.50 coupon at Baker's for my entire order and it expires this week. So I decided to get 10 frozen veggies

Spent $6.50 Saved $10.40

62% savings

10 comments:

Tina said...

You took advantage of the 10 for 10 sale too. They just had those same vegetable for sale a couple weeks ago for $0.88 so I didn't bother with them. I did have 2 coupons for the bounty paper towels and 2 coupons for the dial soap. And they had peelie's on the Hefty storage bags. I really wanted the zoo pals they had in the sale but they were out...I did get a raincheck for them so I'll get them for the sale price next week

Tina said...

How did you get so much overage on your cereals? Were they on sale or something? That's awesome!!

Aimee Garber said...

Yeah!!! Doesn't it feel awesome knowing you are saving so much for your family? I did the same Target deals this week too, but I got a the single serving cereals free. I'm also comparing prices and might sign up at Sam's to get a couple of things that are WAY cheap...Do you keep a price book too? Miss you guys!!!

Kerrie said...

They were normally $1. I used Target's coupon for $1 off General Mills (printed 10) and I had a few manuf. coupons for them too.

Kerrie said...

Aimee, I did get them free. I was paid to buy them! It said negative $2.65! I thought some people might not get that. I'll have to change it.

April Hardy said...

You are totally catching on to the coupon game. No one needs me anymore! :) Nicely done! I love when they give you overages, like I have said before some people don't care but others are picky about it. It totally worked out in your favor. Saving money is so exciting. (And prices vary by region for stuff- my price was wrong that I wrote on my blog for baby wash for everyone but the local people....sorry)

Kerrie said...

I had already planned on buying them anyway b/c I needed them for my baby wipes. And are you kidding me?!!! You are the reason why I'm getting such great deals! I need you! I need you!!! And I just directed a friend to look at your blog (and a few others sites). I think once I get better at this I will probably beable to look for deals more on my own. But as of right now, your blog is how I get most of my information. I am proud to say that the Special K deal was found all on my own!

Tina said...

yeah, really!! I can't live without April's blog...I check it like a hundred times a day. She's awesome at finding the GREAT deals...I've only been lucky enough to find a few GOOD deals!! We definitely need you April!!!

Brandon and Jennie said...

Dang! You did awesome! I love reading your blog. I have started making my own baby wipe solution and i love it way more than store bought wipes! We have also switched to cloth diapers.

Kristine said...

FYI, printers aren't stupid.