This past weekend my grandparents stopped by to visit. They are on their way to Utah and are going along the Mormon Trail in the right direction. They've done it before, but from Utah to Nauvoo. Their original plan was to get here late Saturday afternoon and go to church with us on Sunday and leave soon after church. They ended up staying until Monday and had a Labor Day picnic with us. I love my grandparents and I'm so happy that they came to see us. We really haven't had a chance to be homesick yet. My uncle came about a month ago and spent an afternoon with us, then my grandparents and my sister is coming in about two weeks. And then there has been the video chats. But we'll see how we feel when Thanksgiving and Christmas roll around and we are spending it by ourselves. We might even be feeling it when Halloween rolls around and we aren't able to go the Barker's party and go trick or treating with them! I don't think we will be able to stay here long though. I'm going to miss my family too much. It makes me sad that I have to watch my nephew grow up over the internet! Anyway! Thank you G'ma and G'pa for visiting! Oh and Kaelyn told our neighbor how you picked her cherry tomatoes, G'pa! She didn't care. I think she thought Kaelyn said she got them. And Morgan kept saying the next day, "PopPop Silly" and got excited when she saw the pictures on the computer.
He got stuck
He's such a cute little guy!
Kaelyn and her Great Grandparents
Morgan and her Great Grandparents
Great Grandpa help Jackson. Probably getting something out his mouth.
Me and My Grandparents
Jack and his Great Grandparents
Girls eating watermelon that night.






10 comments:
I wish they would come visit me! I am not on any hsitorical church path but I am near the Grand Canyon! Many people live away from their families, my parents (and us) never lived near family, so it was such a treat when we got to see our cousins and grandparents. I don't live by my parents, or 3 of my siblings, or Bryans kids...it gets easier with time. You will learn to adjust. And just think! With holidays! You can start your own family traditions!
p.s. I hope that doesn't come off as rude, it was supposed to be encouraging, then I read it after I posted it and thought, she may get the wrong idea.:)
Oh, no. I understand what you said. The difference between you and me though is that I've always lived near family. I'm 29 and it's the first time I'm completely on my own. I didn't even go away for college. And even with extended family, b/c g'ma and g'pa were there and we got to see extended family when ever they came into town. I hate that I missed your parents when they went down and I even missed meeting my Dad's kids when they visited. But like you said, I am looking forward to starting our own traditions. Especially for Christmas. There are always things we want to do with our kids but never have time to do. But I'm going to miss the old traditions too. :(
Dang Kaelyn! G'pa is BUSTED!! LOL! That was pretty funny! And that watermelon looks soooo good! I like how you took a picture with each child and their great g'parents. Great idea! I especially love the one with you. You look so good! I'm glad you are getting to see some family. I bet it's fun to be able to have that! They got here to Utah and kept talking about how cute your kids are!!! I have a new portfolio book and your kids made it in! My parents loved it and when they got to Kaelyn' page, they loved it AND then when they got to Morgan's page, they loved it even more! (And there's Patrick too!) And lots of other kids and weddings and such! Sorry that was random, but thanks for posting these pictures! Love them!
When I was looking at the pictures, I thought it was cute that they all had their own pictures taken with the g'parents, but it was more of necessity. When one of them was near, we got them to take a picture! One of Kaelyn's friend's mom came in the house the other day and she noticed your pictures of the kids and said they were really good. When I told her my aunt took them, she said that she would have to call me one day to see if you would take pictures of her kids! She was a little dissappointed when I told her you were in Utah!
You need to send me the picture of Jackson in the swing. TOO CUTE.
You're right. I didn't think about that. I forget that people didn't move around like we did. It's hard for me to imagine living in one area all my life, so I don't think about how hard it can be when someone gets up rooted from the only thing they know. It's really easy for me to move and not be near my family, I lived in UT for 4 years while they were in TX, and heck I went to 3 elementary schools and 4 high shools. The concept of "home" was just where ever my parents live.
Thanks Kerrie...Maybe if I ever make it out to Nebraska, we can set up a session with her. I have a couple people in Nola that want photo sessions done, so I told them I would be in town the 1st week of November, so I'm probably booking a session or 2 then. Woohoo! ;)
Amee, we need a session too!! I would love for you to take pictures of my boys, especially now with Logan starting football.
Well, if my vote counts at all, I hope you stay! We love having your family in our ward, and look forward to getting to know you all! By the way, my daughter Anna is a very good babysitter, just in case you want to do a temple night or something. :)
Jennifer Baier
Post a Comment