Thursday, August 27, 2009

Kaelyn's First Day of Kindergarten!

About an hour I ago, I dropped my baby off at her first day of Kindergarten! I'm so sad! I know I'm going to miss her so much, but I'm going to enjoy the quite. Morgan won't have anyone to fight with for a while! Kaelyn has been talking about school for a while now. And she's so excited to be starting school. Last night we went to the school and met her teacher and showed her around her class room. She seemed a little nervous. We received a packet with a bunch of forms and with them was a piece of paper with Magic Confetti attached and a poem about it and starting school. The Magic Confetti was supposed to help her sleep that night. Kaelyn did not need that! Almost as soon as we got home she put on her pj's and said that she wanted to go to bed (early!). She had recently discovered that if she is looking forward to something the next day, that if she goes to sleep it will be here faster. Like when we were kids, we would go to sleep early on Christmas Eve so Christmas morning would get here sooner. Both her and Morgan woke up early this morning and Kaelyn jumped in our bed with a big huge smile on her face. "It the first day of school!" We made pancakes at her request. The girls usually eat a ton of the silver dollar pancakes. But Kaelyn didn't even finish her first helping. I think she was too nervous to eat. We all got in the car to bring Kaelyn to school. We got there right when the bell rang so we were able to go straight in the classroom. Normally they would want her to go outside and line up first. So we were the only ones in the class room. That was good because I was able to get some pictures of her sitting at her desk. Ryan left with Morgan and I had Jack in the stroller. After they left, Kaelyn said, "Mom. You can go now." Or something to that effect. But the teachers were outside lining up the other kids and I didn't want to leave her in there by herself. So I took her outside so she would know where to line up. Then when she went inside, I gave her a kiss, told her to be kind to others and to share, and I left my baby! I walk to the van and when I get to the car, Morgan asks, "Where Kae Kae?" Too cute! I pulled out the letter that was in the packet last night that was for us to open after we drop her off today. I was doing really good until I read that letter. I couldn't get through it! It was saying how they would take care of her and stuff like that. I cried. When we got home, I get Morgan out the car and she's saying, "Kae Kae. Kae Kae!" and she's pointing down the street. Morgan is going to miss her big sister. But so far I think she's enjoying being able to watch the shows she wants to watch and do what she wants to do. But I can't believe the day is finally here. She's going to be having experiences that I'm not a part of. And memories that I'm not in! I don't think I can handle that! I miss her!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me tear up! But she looked adorable and her hair was so so cute.

-Misty

Sharon said...

LOTS OF TEARS AGAIN, I think you hit it on the head. When they have experiences that you are not a part of LIFE IT TOUGH! I loved it when she said, "ok, you can go now" How grown up is that! And now you can have the anticipation of hearing all about her day! IT WILL BE OK!

Tina said...

Dang it!! You made me cry!!! Michael started Pre-K this year but I was ok because he had been doing MMO for the last year. I remember crying when Logan started Pre-K, it was so tough. It's funny, everytime I had a child start Pre-K, I had a baby right before they did. Too bad it won't happen again. When Jacob starts, I'll be all by my lonesome...

Kristine said...

Now you have me crying.

April Hardy said...

Wow Kerrie! How fun for her! I bet she was so ready. Just think about all the stuff she is going to tell you about when you pick her up from school and ask her about her day. My mom says she misses that. That's usually when we talked to her most, the drive home from school.