Jackson had his first birthday Wednesday! I can't believe my baby boy is one! He's such cute little boy. He loves to laugh. My girls never really smiled too much. But with Jackson, all you have to do is look at him and he cracks up. He's not walking yet. When we try to get him to walk while we hold his arms he thinks it's too funny and can't stop laughing, but he's getting better at it and hopefully soon, he's walking soon. He still loves to pull his sisters' hair. He really, really, REALLY enjoys it! He's a pro at climbing up the stairs. Before we even realize he's on them, he's already in the girls' room. For his birthday, I decorated the dining room a little bit. The girls wanted to help, so they colored pages out of their coloring books and taped them to the wall. Kaelyn was coloring out of a princess coloring book! Jackson loves balls, so I had a dome cake pan, so I made a basketball ice cream cake. And then made a little baseball ball cake for him to eat. It killed the girls to know that there was cake in the kitchen. We had dinner, then we sang happy birthday to him, opened presents, and then he got to eat his cake. He didn't really know what to do with. I think he mostly played with it and didn't really get much in his mouth.
Happy Birthday Jackson!!!






10 comments:
I'm sure that was fun to watch. You need to post the video, ASAP
wow...how cute. In one picture it looks like he was trying to pick up the cake and throw it like a ball. Did you have fun cleaning up after that?
I am wicked impressed with your cake decorating skilz! Wow! I would say you have to teach me how to do it...but then you moved.
Bummer for me, but what lucky kids!
-Misty
Love this post! So fun! I do have one question though...why chocolate cake??!! I would make a nice white cake! ;) Wouldn't SEEM as messy! But chocolate seems to be the choice for a lot of mothers... Hmmmm.... ;)
I don't know why other mothers choose chocolate, but I chose it b/c I knew it would be messy. The messier the better! (Well at this time anyway! Any other time a big mess would be bad!)
Tooo cute! I love seeing babies 1st birthday pictures. I love it where he has his tongue out! TOOOOO funny! I'm with you, the first birthday you want to be messy!
oh how fun! happy birthday i cant believe its been a year! great decorations and cake!
The cake looks fantastic!!! He looks like he had fun!!
Tina
You're such a good mommy. I love that last picture. I think he's saying "HELP ME!". Thanks for the pictures too. I'm dying to see your new house and I love getting to see at least a little bit of it. It's hard for me to imagine you living anywhere else.
How do you bake a cake like that? I am going to come visit you sometime and you can teach me your baking skills. Heather is good at cake decorating too. I wish I lived close to everyone!
Post a Comment