Last night Morgan was pulling Kaelyn's clothes out of the dresser. I told her to put them back and she told me no, so I went to put her in time out. Time out is at my bedroom door and it was opened, so I closed it. I noticed it closed funny, but thought it was a toy. Morgan started screaming, but at first I thought it was just because she didn't want to go to time out. She's holding her finger and screaming. Then I figured she had her fingers in the hinge of the door. So I'm looking for the finger with her palm down and I see the finger that was smashed and kissed it, but she grabbed it back and was holding. Then I notice blood on her shirt. I turn her hand around and see it. It ripped the skin off the tip of her finger. These pictures are from this morning when I changed out the band aid. It looks worse than it did last night. It's all swollen and bruised. It looks like just a cut right now, but I put the skin back over it. Look at where the cut is. The skin was pulled back from there to her finger tip. Poor girl. It was just an hour before bed time and Ryan just got home from church meetings. He was playing with the girls in their room and Morgan wouldn't use her left hand at all. She would play with her right hand and have her left in the air so it wouldn't touch anything. Poor baby.
Well, I wanted some excitement!






5 comments:
that looks very familiar. we had a similar experience just on Friday. Megan sliced the tip of her finger on the blade of my food processer. I thought she would need stitches but my husband just superglued it together and she was good to go. Thanks honey.
That looks aweful! Poor girl....I hate it when stuff like that happens. Especially when you are frustrated with them when it happens. I hope she heals quickly....Maddi kissed the monitor better, so I think she should be okay:)
oh yuck, poor thing, glad shes okay though
The goriness of these photos inspire me to post the pictures from deer season. Seriously though, poor baby. That looks really painful. But i'm sure it "hurt" you more than her.
Aw, poor girl! There was a little girl here that had an accident with the door too... left the tip of her finger basically hanging by a thread. Yum!
Post a Comment