I just want to say how grateful I'm am to have such wonderful friends! Last night I was talking to my friend Amiee, and she asked when was a good day to come over and help me get my house ready for the baby. My house was totally trashed and I was trying to explain how it was at the point where it would be hard for someone to come in and help clean it up. Does that make sense? And our house is so small, not everything really has a place. And as I'm cleaning up I have to figure out a place to put it. Anyway... I lost the connection (and didn't call her back right away b/c I thought she might have said bye and I just didn't hear her) and I started thinking that maybe she could just take the girls, that way I could concentrate on cleaning and take a break if I needed to. Instead of focusing all of my usable energy on the girls and then be too tired to actually take care of my house. She calls me back and I told her that would be the best way to help me out right now and she's like, "OK. Do you want to drop them off tomorrow?" I was kind of surprised and didn't know what to say. I didn't want her to think that she had to take them the very next day. I'm the type of person who likes to have a little bit of a notice before watching kids. So that's what I did. I dropped them off in the morning, then went home to clean up my disgusting house. It's not perfect but I can work on that later. At least now I don't have to be embarrassed if someone drops by all of the sudden. The Barkers are just awesome like that. They are so willing to help anyone and everyone. And Kaelyn loves going to their house. One day we were leaving their house and she's crying, "But I want to stay here forever!" All our friends we have made here in Hammond have been so awesome. We have an amazing set of friends. All of them are willing to help us out in any way and have been such great friends (yes, that includes you and Terrence, Laura! I know if you were here you would be there for us too. Heck you and Terrence came over on Christmas night to give me a blessing and then took Kaelyn the next day so I could get better while you were nearly 9 months pregnant! I love yall too). We've had so many offers from all of our friends lately to help us out, whether it's making us dinner or helping me clean (I've had two cleaning offers this week!). All our friends we made in Metairie have been great friends too and we love them all very much. But we have been able to create a special bond with our friends we have here. I never would have thought that when we first moved here. We really didn't like it here at first and we were wishing we were back in Metairie. But now I can't imagine moving away from all our friends. I just want to let all my friends (past and present) know how much I love you and that I'm grateful for all that you do for us. (I'm not very good at writing, but I hope I was able to express myself the way I wanted to.)
Love Ya'll






4 comments:
You made me cry...thanks a lot! I didn't even remember doing that for you. I guess it was just a natural thing to do. Barkers really are neat. They seem so sensitive to your needs and give you what you need most at the time. I miss it there so much. I've been here for almost a year and I still want to go back!
aww thats so nice, glad you guys have great friends like that, it totally makes a difference!
I love good friends. You know, we really appreciated having you as friends while in NOLA and miss you lots! Thank goodness for this cyberworld to keep us in touch through blogging! We just moved a bit closer to LA, so we hope to catch up with you sometime...
I just looked on blog and did some changes. Now I am checking out everyone's. You are so sweet! We love you and your family! I will still come over and help you! You have some days left!!
Post a Comment