Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving in Louisiana

At the last minute we decided to drive down to Louisiana for Thanksgiving. And at the very last minute we decided to leave Tuesday night and drive through the night! It actually went pretty well. It was about 16 1/2 hours in the car. The only person we told was my dad. We wanted to surprise everyone else. We got to my mom's house, where my brother and his family was, at about 10:30 AM. We headed over to Walmart where my mom was working just before her lunch break. We all hid and we sent Kaelyn up to the counter. Kaelyn was standing behind a computer so my mom didn't see her. My mom walked around the counter and saw Kaelyn. She was shocked. It was fun to surprise her like that. Thanksgiving day we headed over to Ryan's brother's house to surprise them. Ryan had found out what time they were going to be there. They were pretty surprised. Then we went to my grandparents' house and surprised everyone there. We were outside when one of my sisters came drove up, so we all hid behind cars and when she got out of her car we sent Kaelyn and Morgan out running to her. Kaelyn was screaming, "Nowie!" My sister said that she was looking around and didn't believe her eyes when she saw Kaelyn. We couldn't surprise Ryan's dad and step mom. We didn't know their schedules and it's a good thing we didn't just show up. They were pretty busy that week. And when we were getting ready to go to their house, we forgot our camera! It was fun trip and we are so ready to move back home!


Cameron, Jean, Morgan, Kaelyn, & Jackson (my dad bought those outfits for the girls. He did good, huh?)


Ryan's bother, Tom (Reggie), and Cameron.
My Family

Kaelyn and Michael Justin


Morgan wouldn't sit still to take a picture.Michael Justin was trying to get Morgan to stay. It didn't work.

Patrick and Kaelyn

Playing football.


Tina and Jacob

Jacob. This is the first time I've seen him. My brother and his family live in Georgia and I was not able to go out there when he was born.

Kaelyn had fun with her great uncle, Kevin

Patick and Andy

Mason and Ryan

5 comments:

Kristine said...

That last picture is the cutest. :)

Sharon said...

How fun for you! Glad you got to go!

Terrence and Laura said...

I'm a little jealous that you still have reason to go back. I don't know that I'd have anything to do there now that you're gone:( We really want to try to come visit you guys this summer though! We miss you!

amee sorensen said...

You would say that Kristine!! ;)
And how come I wasn't there to take that family photo! You all look great though and it looks like ya'll had fun! That's so cool that you surprised them all..

Tina said...

I don't know...I think the 12th picture looks the cutest. ;) So glad that you were able to come and see us. It was fun..minus the Saturday morning fiasco