We had Kaelyn's birthday party a few weeks ago. She wanted a Mickey Mouse theme of course! I did a horrible job on her cake this year. In theory it was a good idea. I bought some food coloring markers and covered a cake in fondant and let Kaelyn decorate it. I'm not very good at rolling out fondant. I covered it so horribley! Then the markers kept going through the fondant. I should have put it in the fridge or freezer, but had no room in either. Oh well. She liked doing it for a while then had me finish. My mom has the Cricut. I love that thing!! We cut out Mickey heads with a "K" in the middle and I hung them from the ceiling with fishing wire. After my mom left I played with the machine some more and made these cute little borders or Mickey's pants, gloves, and his head. They were so cute! I used left over streamers from Morgan's Elmo party and used what ever balloons I had in my box. I am determined to not buy balloons or streamers for a very long time. I have so much from previous parties. I printed out Mickey ears from the internet and had the kids color them and we tied them on their heads. Kaelyn and Zoe were the only ones that would wear them. I like to do some kind of hat project and usually Kaelyn and Zoe are the only ones that are excited about wearing them. We played pin the bow on Daisy. I printed it from the website and let Kaelyn color it. The only one really interested playing the games was Kaelyn so I just skipped the other games that I had. It was no biggie. That's why I don't go through a whole lot of trouble worrying about games.



The
pennants spell out
Kaelyn's name. I was able to print these up from the playhouse
disney website. That Happy Birthday banner I have used for every birthday party since
Kaelyn's 3rd birthday party.
Kaelyn three times, Morgan twice and Ryan once. It's looking pretty rough.


Jackson had just woken up from a nap. While he was sleeping, I hung up the Mickey heads and he's staring at them while they swing.



Zoe, Morgan, Patrick and
Kaelyn coloring.


Morgan blowing up a balloon.
I have a million pictures of her holding her shirts up. She did it with everyone and made me take a picture of all of them!
Her fav! She told Nette that she wanted this a few months ago. Nette was in Target either that day or the next and found it on clearance! Good thing because the original price was about $50! I'm not sure if that was the price, but I do remember it being ridiculously high.
She loved her birthday party and since then, when ever someone asked her how old she is, she would say she was five and then say, "I had a Mickey party!" She'll probably being saying that for the next six months or so. She was still telling people we got a new car a year after we got our van. And was stilling telling people we got a new cat even after we dropped it off at the shelter. She's silly.
I just noticed that in one of the pictures, Morgan is covering her ears while everyone is singing!!
7 comments:
WoW! Fun party. Looks like a good time. Now that Autumns at the age where she gets invited to parties I watch what other moms do. Lately there isn't a lot of activity...parties sure have toned down. The games you and I used to play at parties just aren't cool anymore. It's a shame.
You daughter is beautiful. I can't believe she is 5!!
I really love the decorations. You did a fantastic job!
Also, I am in LOVE with that little table and chairs set. Let me know where you got them. Love.
-Misty
Looks like a fun party. I wish I could have gone.
By the way, you forgot to mention the super fabulous Mickey Mouse jumper that I found for $1.50!!! Quite a deal if you ask me.
I'm glad you pointed out Morgan covering her ears. That's cute.
I LOVE the cake and the fact that you let her help decorate it! It's awesome! And I like the pic of Jackson looking at all the Mickey Mouse heads hanging down. I love your kids. Sooo cute!
looks like fun! love all the pictures!!
Cute theme. You did a great job on decor and the cake. I hope she can Mickey Mouse someday at Disneyworld.
Post a Comment