For those of you who don't know yet, we are moving to Nebraska! Ryan was rehired with the company he was working with, but for their plant in Nebraska (which they have been sending all their business to anyway and to be honest I really don't know how long the Madisonville plant will stay open). Ryan is going up this weekend and I will hopefully be able to go up in a month. We are going to rent out our house hopefully. We didn't really like the number the rental management company gave us, so hopefully we can get the price we need. We just figured it would be faster to rent it out than to sell it. So I will be a single mom for about a month! Then I also have to pack by myself in a month with three kids!!! Don't know how that's going to work out. When I told Kaelyn we were moving, I was explaining what it meant. Specificly moving away from family. Her eyes got real big and started watering. Then I told her it snows out there and she got real excited. I don't think she really understands it. Kaelyn is good at adjusting so I don't think we'll have a problem. So I'm going to catch up my blog (I still haven't posted Kaelyn's birthday party pictures from a week and a half ago) and then I will be taking a break from blogging, and possibly facebook (my new addiction). Wish me luck! I'm going to need it!
Drop off
1 week ago






8 comments:
Wow, Nebraska. How exciting. It will be a new and exciting chapter in your family's life. Good luck with the move. I will be waiting to hear more updates.
Be Careful learning to *drive* in that pretty white snow! Also, make sure you keep blankets and extra clothing in your trunk in the winter time in case of breakdowns. Oh, living in the North. It's like a whole other country!
-Misty
Nebraska huh? I think that's awesome. I had a close friend in high school move there. I am excited for you guys. Maybe it's because my family moved so much, but I love moving! I love packing, and reorganizing my stuff in a new space. I love meeting new people and being in a new place. You should ask the R.S. to help you pack, or the YW can make it a service project. :)
I'm going to miss playing with Kaelyn and Morgan when we visit New Orleans. Now we're going to have to make time to visit Nebraska too. I hope that everything works out though. I wish I was there to help out.
Tina
I'm so glad Ryan got a job. I understand totally what it's like staying behind and getting everything ready to move. It's not easy, but you can do it. Just take one room or closet at a time. I know your family will miss you terribly and you will miss them, but you will be surprised at how much closer you get to them when you move away. I know that probably doesn't make much sense now, but you'll see. Good luck and enjoy the adventure.
wow. Sorry you have to leave Louisiana. I hope you like Nebraska. Mark has always wanted to live there. I don't really know why. He has secret dreams of being a farmer.
what an awesome experience for you guys!! hope everything goes smoothly!! good luck!
Post a Comment