Monday, November 10, 2008

My Sweet Morgan

Drive threw Library!

Morgan is such fun little girl. She's so sweet. She loves to give hugs and kisses and she loves to laugh. And she gets into everything! I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but we aren't used to it. Kaelyn didn't get into things like Morgan does. Morgan learned how to turn on the stove today! Morgan will push things like chair, boxes, or a gallon of water to get to the things she wants. Kaelyn still doesn't really do that. Morgan loves shoes! The bigger the better! She won't wear her own shoes, but she will wear Kaelyn's or mine. Recently she's been wearing my heels and then she will grab a bag and carry it around like a purse. She loves to look at books, and tear them apart. I have a stack of books that need to be taped up, and the pile keeps getting bigger every week. Are books are definitely loved. She loves to watch Sesame Street. One day I was changing Jack's diaper on my bed and Morgan loves to climb up there when I have him and give him kisses and tickle him. Well she heard the theme song for Elmo's World and she flung herself over the side of the bed to go watch it. She loves Spongebob Squarepant too. Well maybe just the theme song. When ever the "pirate" sings "Ooooohhhhhh!" she sings right along with it. It's quite adorable.

Remember when I was complaining about her biting, and I mentioned that she hasn't said a word yet? She started speech therapy about a month and a half ago. She loves her therapist. She comes just to play with her. I think she likes the special attention. Starting this week she's going to have a therapist come to the house twice a week. I'm not sure if it's really working though. Maybe once Judy starts coming, it will help. Her original therapist can't come twice in the week since she is only in our area once a week. Judy goes to our church and she has a little girl Kaelyn's age and I think she's going to bring her with her and maybe that would keep Kaelyn distracted for a while. We've been trying to get her hearing tested to see if she's actually hearing anything. The first time we went she had too much wax in her ears and it would interfere with the test. So I had to bring her to the doctor and get them to clean it out. Well soon after, she was sick and I didn't bring her back right away, thinking that might interfere with the test. When she got better I made another appointment and this time she had fluid in one ear and still had wax in the other. I had brought all three of the kids to the doctor about a week later and my pediatrician said the fluid would just have to go away on it's own and the wax was too deep for her to get. I had brought up having tubes put in her ears, but the doctor said she had to have a certain amount of ear infections in a 6 months period. Well that's kind of hard to tell with Morgan. She has a high tolerance for pain. She had a few ear infections her first year and I would never know until I took her for a well baby check up. She didn't cry when she got her ears pierced and she didn't cry with the set of shots she got right before Jack was born. And I really think she needs tubes in her ears. Ryan had them when he was little (three times, in fact!) and she tries to say words, but it is only the first part of it. So now I'm taking her to the doctor when ever she has a runny nose. She's been sick, I think since Wednesday, so I brought her to the doctor Friday afternoon, after Ryan got off of work (he has a half day on Fridays). Her regular doctor wasn't in so she saw a different doctor. He saw the wax in the one ear and saw some fluid in the other ear. I was telling him how I was trying to get her another hearing test, so he tried to get the wax out. It took several attempts, but he got it. He looked in her ear again and she had an ear infection. The wax was hiding it! So I'm thinking if that wax had been in her ear for a while, then it could have hidden other infections or fluid (the doctor agreed). He gave me a prescription for antibiotics and told me to bring her back in about three weeks and if she still has fluid in her ear then he will send me to an E.N.T. I'm not going back to the one they referred me to for Jackson (that's a whole other story)! So hopefully we can get some tubes in her ears if she needs them, even though it will cost us a pretty penny, even with insurance.

5 comments:

Aimee Garber said...

oh my goodness, poor Morgan :-( We'll keep her in our prayers. She's such a cutie!

Terrence and Laura said...

That's doesn't sound like fun at all! Hopefully everything works out and her speach therapy works well. Maddi is much slower than Kylie and even though she tries to talk...half of her words come out backwords. like up="pu" It's so surprising how different each kid is. And...I do find it slightly funny that she gets into everything. You were so lucky with Kaelyn...both of my girls are "curious". Kaelyn is just a sweet little angel:)

April Hardy said...

You are the mom and you probably know best. My mom suggested tubes for Adam when he was little and they said he didn't need them. To this day my mom still regrets she didn't fight harder to get them to listen to her. He had trouble all through out school and she thinks that its partly to blame. It's never bad to get a second opinion. :) Good luck.

Judy said...

We will hopefully have her talking in no time! I enjoyed our first visit! Your girls are so sweet.

Parkinson Family said...

yeah my nephew got the tubes, he was having ear infections like every month, sad, well i hope everything works out with her! keep us posted!