Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Cancienne Cradle

We finally took a picture of Jack in the cradle. This cradle has been in Ryan's family a few generations. All of Ryan's siblings and niece and nephew have been in it. Ryan's dad and grandfather were in it and I'm not 100% sure but I think Ryan's great grandfather was in it. It's about 100 years old. He doesn't sleep in it any more. He scoots around a little too much and it's not exactly the safest baby bed. But we finally got all the clothes and stuff out of it this weekend and finally took his picture in it.

3 comments:

April Hardy said...

Autumns cradle was my old one. It's one Grandma bought for me. So it was cool to have Autumn sleep in it because so did I, Christy, and Staci. And baby #2 will sleep in it also. If it lasts...Autumn will get it when she has kids.

Parkinson Family said...

wow thats a long time to keep a cradle, but its looks great!

Kristine said...

We're going to have a cradle too. Ryan's grandpa built it and he used it for his kids. Ryan's mom used it for all of her kids and now we get to keep it. No one else in her family wants it or needs it. His grandpa also gave us a really nice porch swing that he built. It's in the attic for now, but I can't wait to have some place to put it.