Saturday, August 9, 2008

My fun filled day yesterday!

I had a pretty busy day yesterday. Well kind of all week. I've been feeling pretty good this week, and pretty determined to get things ready for the baby (yeah, we still haven't decided on a name) which is why I haven't been doing much blogging the past couple of weeks. But my blood pressure has been high this week. I had my doctor's appointment on Monday and my doctor told me to go to the hospital within the next couple of days for a non-stress test. So I went on Wednesday and it was high again, but went down when they put me on my side, (which I think is cheating a little). They called my doctor and he said he wanted me to go back to the hospital on Friday for the same test. Well Thursday night I was feeling a little weird so I checked my blood pressure and it was pretty high, and then I checked it again Friday morning and it was still high. So now on to my Friday. I had to take the girls to the doctor b/c they are a little over due on their shots and Kaelyn is on a waiting list for preschool and I wanted to make sure if they give me a call that she was ready to go. Kaelyn hasn't had a shot since she was a baby. So I made sure I brought her special bandaids. My mom gave her Wall-e bandaid a couple of weeks ago and she's been dying to wear them, but she knows that she can't unless she's bleeding. In fact, I cut my finger this week making dinner and she saw that I was bleeding and she went a grabbed me one of her bandaids. I think she was just happy that someone got to use them. Anyway, it was so sad to watch her get her shots. The look of terror in her eyes. I nearly cried. Morgan did really well. She didn't cry at all for the first one, and she only wimpered a little for the second one. Kaelyn of course milked it for all it was worth. As I expected her to. We go home and then after 30 minutes we had to leave again to meet Ryan in Covington to switch cars so I could get to the hospital sooner (my doctor and the hospital I will be delivering at is 30 minutes away from our house). I get there and I was there for three hours! My blood pressure was high and it took a while to go down, and of course after being in that bed for 3 hours it eventually went down. But now I'm supposed to be on bedrest for 24 hours and I have to go back to the hospital at 2:30pm for another non-stress test. This is a little disgusting, but I also have to collect all my urine for 24 hours and keep it on ice and bring it to the hospital with me. I'm a little surprised I wasn't admitted into the hospital yesterday. They admitted me for the same thing when I was pregnant for Morgan. I don't know if I'm going to be put back on bed rest after I go back to the hospital or what. It's a little frustrating not knowing what is going to happen from day to day. But more than likely I'll have the baby next week. My friend Bekki, who works in labor and delivery at the hospital I'm delivering at, and she seems to think it will be next week too. So don't be surprised if you don't hear from me for a couple of weeks. Well I'm supposed to be in bed. Wish me luck!
The most frustrating part about all this is a couple of ladies from church were throwing me a baby shower today a 2pm. So now I have to miss my own shower! Doesn't that stink?
Oh, and thank you Amiee for helping sort through the girls' clothes yesterday. I'm sure it would have taken me forever with out you. Oh, and for putting Morgan to bed. That was cute. (For everyone else, Ryan was trying to put Morgan to bed and she reached for Amiee. It was so sweet)

3 comments:

Christy said...

Wow! You have a lot going on! I'll be anxious to hear how the next week pans out for you. I'll keep you in my prayers! Can't imagine being on bed rest with two small kids.

Parkinson Family said...

wait, how do you get to not give your kids shot since they were babies?? i hate taking them in, tyler has an appt on friday for more, sorry she didnt take it well, but the bandaids sounded like they helped :)
good luck with the baby and all, hope your blood pressure is ok and hey 4 weeks you wont have to be pregnant for, cool! hope everything works out and you might have to pick a name sooner than you think!

Kaycee said...

Logan got his mission call - check it out!!!

sorensenkrewe2.blogspot.com