Ok, first of all the whole name thing. Isn't funny that I didn't use any of the names that I used in the poll. In fact our top three names were ones we came up with in the hospital. We were deciding between Chase, Aaron, and Jackson. I thought of Jackson when I was waiting in in the waiting room at the hospital before my last non-stress test before they admitted me. Some lady was calling to her little boy named Jackson and I thought it was cute. Then Ryan thought of Aaron Sunday night, along with a long list of names. And when Ryan got to the hospital Tuesday morning after I had already been induced, he asks me if I chose a name yet and I suggested Chase. He's like where did that come from. So wednesday, records came to get the paper work for the birth certificate and we still hadn't picked a name and she said she would be back at 3pm to pick it up. So at 2:30pm we are still trying to decide. We finally decided on Jackson. It's weird to call him Jackson after not having a name for him for awhile. And Toni, I was totally thinking of you during this whole process. All those names you suggest in your blog and you picked something totally different and chosing her name at the last minute in the hospital. And what else is funny, two of your girl names were considering. Chayse and Erin, and Chase and Aaron.
I was admitted into the hospital at first for 24 hours after my test on Saturday. My friend Bekki who works at the hospital told them I was on my way and that I was missing my baby shower and to get me in and out so I could go. Well when the nurse called my doctor, he said I could go to my shower and come back to be admitted. Well if we would have gone to the shower, we wouldn't have gotten there until 6pm and it started 2pm. I'm sure it was over by then, so we went out to eat, which were sure would be the last time we would be able to go without kids for a very long time. We're bad. He decides to keep me in the hospital longer and he finally decides to induce Tuesday morning. So they moved me to labor and delivery and over night they noticed that the baby's heartbeat was dropping whenever I had a contraction. It actually did it Monday, but only once. So it was a good thing I was in there for my blood pressure, becuase they probably wouldn't have caught the heart beat otherwise. Anyway, my friend Bekki happened to be working that day, so she was able to be my nurse and she made sure I was taken care of. My sister asked if that was weird. It was, but it was so worth it. She knew my history with child birth and so she made sure that I wasn't going to be in any pain and that she actually called the doctor when I reached 10cm! A little backstory with that. When I was having Morgan, I went from 4 to 10cm in a half hour and my epidural stopped working and I needed another dose. The nurse told me she called my doctor (I found out later that she didn't) and I got sick I guess from the epidural and as I was throwing up, out popped Morgan! That was really fun! Back to Jackson. The epidural was only working on my right side so they gave me more to get my left side and some when up my spine. Almost everything was numb. I couldn't even feel myself pushing. Delivery was easy as normal (well compared to Kaelyn). I only had to push more because I thought I was pushing when I really wasn't. But when he came out, he was holding onto the cord and that is why his heart rate was was dropping with every contraction. He was born blue! So the whole thing took 4 hours. Thank goodness for fast deliveries. But I'm feeling great! A lot better after I did with Morgan. Kaelyn loves him. Ryan had to take her out of the hospital kicking and screaming when it was time for her to go. Morgan hasn't even met him yet. We knew she would be hard to control in the hospital, so we thought it would be best to wait until we got home.






4 comments:
Congratulations on your new baby boy! I wanna see pictures. Did you guys make it home? I just found out about Jackson at the board meeting last night. Glad you and baby are doing well.
Congratulations 'a baby boy'! Shew now Ryan isn't out numbered. Glad everthing went well. Jackson is an adorable name. Can't wait to see pics.
Congratulations!! Happy to hear everything went well and the name is super cute!!!
CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy to hear that everything went well. The name Jackson is just perfect! Miss you!
Post a Comment