Saturday, August 30, 2008

Getting out of here!!!

I can't believe we're doing this again! It's only been 3 years since Katrina and now we are going to evacuate again for a storm that they say could possibly be worse than Katrina. So, just to let ya'll know, we are leaving early in the morning for Pensacola where my uncle lives. I'm sure we are going to get some of Gustav, but we will be a lot safer. Hopefully everything goes ok this time. We have a lot more at stake this time around. We've added two children, a cat, and we've bought a house, which we never got that flood insurance we said we were going to get. But we aren't too worried about it flooding, we are more worried about the trees. There are two around our house that are dying. I hate doing this! I'm just glad I didn't have to wait until my due date to have Jack (which is today by the way!)

2 comments:

Judy said...

I hope you guys will be safe. We are staying in Hammond. We feel that we will be okay. If we lose power we will head to my in laws in Baton Rouge. They have a generator. Talk to you when you get home.

Sharon said...

Our Prayers are with you. So glad that you are getting out of dodge. BE SAFE. Sharon