Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Kaelyn's 4th Birthday Party

We celebrated Kaelyn's fourth birthday on Saturday. We had a princess pajama party. We had fun. Not that many people were able to come this year though. As kids arrived I had these cute little skirts made for them and they made their own princess hats. I had crowns and capes for the boys, but there were only two boys there and one didn't want to wear any of it and the other was my nephew Patrick who was only 14 months old. We had hotdogs, cucumber sandwiches (which were surprising good), apples and cheese served on a toothpick, fruit salad, and a raspberry sherbert punch. Ryan got spinach artichoke dip from work. I was going to put it in a bread bowl and put wheels on it and a horse in front of it to make Cinderella's coach, but I couldn't find a bread bowl at Wal-mart and I wasn't about to drag two kids from store to store looking for one. For games we played kiss the frog prince. And we slayed the dragon (pinata). The kids had fun playing around the yard. I'm so glad our yard is so huge so the kids could just run around and play. Then we went inside to sing happy birthday, eat cake and open presents. As we were singing to Kaelyn she was looking around like she was thinking, "Are you singing to me?" It was funny. I hope Ryan got that on camera. As the cake was being cut I had the kids go in Kaelyn's room and I hid glass slippers in the living room. The kids came out and if they found one they got a prize. I made sure there were enough for everyone to find one and the prizes were just their goody bags. The day ended with Kaelyn going to bed with her favorite present, a horse. (Pictures: 1-of course is Kaelyn. 2- My friend Amiee's little girl, Zoe feeding Morgan. 3- My niece, Cameron. 4- My nephew Patrick. 5- Kaelyn "slaying" the dragon. 6- Kaelyn with her cake. 7-Kaelyn sleeping with her horse.) Thanks Noelle and Ryan (oh yeah, I forgot to mention that my sister's new husband is named Ryan too. That's been fun!) for coming early to help set up and watch the kids and going to get the last of the recital tickets. And thanks to everyone who stayed to help clean up and give the girls baths when Ryan had to leave for an emergency. Love Ya'll

1 comment:

Maxwells said...

Looks like lots of fun. What little girl 4 years old wouldn't love a princess party. Annie would have loved it!