
I can't sleep, so I decided to post Kaelyn's dance recital pictures from tonight. The theme was "I
<3 NY". There's a boy in Ka

elyn's class so for their tap they danced to Boy in New York City and for ballet they were brides and he was the groom. For her tap, she was doing somewhat o.k., but then she spotted my sisters and started makeing faces at them. There was no

hope for the ballet routine. She did one little thing at the beginning and one little thing at the end and just made faces the throughout the performance. At least she was having fun. The little boy just kind of stood there (which we kind of expected him to). There was another little girl in a different performance that just stood there and didn't

smile at all. Kaelyn thought the audience was laughing at her. After each performance she would say, "They were laughing at me!" She did do her little thing during the finale though. Surprisingly because they only practiced that once. All they did though was take a bow and while everyone else was bowing she would wiggle her hips. Then she would kick

when she was supposed to. So at least we have her on video doing something! She said she was going to make faces again tomorrow night too. I told Ryan that maybe we should put her in a "comedian class" rather than dance class next year! You know how when you were little you used to tell your parents (or at least thought it), "The only reason why you had kids, was so you can have slaves!" I told Ryan one day that the only reason why we had k

ids, was so we could have a comedian! But, she had fun being on stage and being the center of attention. And she loved hanging out with her friends backstage. Beth did a really good job with the recital. And all the other girls were ama

zing! There were some competition pieces mixed in, and it's no wonder they've won so many awards. The twins in Kaelyn's class have an older sister who's been dancing for 10 years. She is only 12 or 13. She did this thing in one of her many per

formances that I didn't even know your body was capable of doing. It was like she had nothing holding her joints and sockets together. It was fun and hopefully we we'll be able let Kaelyn do it again next year (we're not sure yet). Our pictures aren't very good. Hopefully my mom got some good ones and I'll post those later. And maybe I can figure out the video thing and I can post the video.
1 comment:
oh my goodness, hi Keri and Ryan. This is Lindsey (Pierce) I found your blog from the frohms blog. I cant believe you have a 4 year old, thats crazy. Your girls are so adorable, how fun and congratulations on your third, how exciting. We have a blog too, its tylerparkinson.blogspot.com. Well we just wanted to say hi and I am totally adding you to my daily blog lookings. Hope you guys have a great vacation. Cya bye!
Post a Comment