Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

We almost forgot about carving a pumpkin for Halloween. We went to the grocery store last Tuesday, and then we remembered about it. We couldn't do it until Friday though. Ryan usually has a half day on Fridays, but there was a golf game with the CEO of his company and he kind of had to go. He didn't get home until 6:30PM. On a normal day he's home at 5pm and on Fridays he's home at noon. I was trying to explain to Kaelyn where Daddy was and that he was playing golf for work, and then I asked her, "Isn't that fun?" and with out hesitation she said, "No." Like it was a silly question to begin with. Later in the day Kaelyn says, "I wish Daddy was home." At first it sounded really cute, but then I realized why she wanted Daddy home. So she could carve her pumpkin! Anyway... This year Morgan was able to participate. She got right in there getting all that stuff out. I think Kaelyn's first time, she didn't want to touch it. But Morgan has to do everything Kaelyn does, so she got right on in there! I forgot to take a picture of the final product though. But we don't do anything special. It's just your ordinary jack-o-lantern.

2 comments:

Parkinson Family said...

how fun! we still havent carved ours! :(

Parkinson Family said...

i tagged you check my blog for details!