For two Sundays in a row, I've had to spend church out in the foyer holding down a kicking and screaming 18 month old. I think last Sunday was the worst. I was so tired and about to cry. I'm trying to go back a sit down with Morgan, but then Kaelyn wants to go on the stand and sit with Ryan. Normally I don't have a problem with it, but I'm trying to teach Morgan to sit with me and if she sees Kaelyn leaving, it's going to make dealing with Morgan that much harder. So I'm struggling to keep Kaelyn with me, finally I decide to let her go and she's whining too much to actually hear me tell she could go, a friend comes up asks me if I need help. I know I need the help, but at the same time I want to teach my kids to sit with me. I didn't know what to do really. But yesterday, I didn't have to get up once! I still need to work on the reverence part, but they were good. I even got Kaelyn to fold her arms and close her eyes during the prayers. That's been a struggle too. One of the things that saved me was one of those Little People flip books. I'm going online and buying every single one I can find! It's kind of funny because when I trying to figure out what to do, I try to think back to Ingrid. She was in my exact same position a few years ago. Mike was in the bishopric and she had two girls and pregnant with her third (a boy) sitting by herself during sacrament meeting. So I try to think about what she used to do. But I can't remember if she had as hard of a time as I'm having or what. So maybe that's a good thing. No one is really paying attention to me, so why try so hard. But hopefully we get this down before the baby comes.
Home again, home again. Jiggity jog.
14 years ago






1 comment:
thats awesome. sundays are always hard, but i have my husband, i cant imagine doing it by myself, good luck, i always bring lots of food and busy books, anyways, hope everything continues to go well!
Post a Comment