Monday, June 23, 2008

Fire Fighter Friends


We went to TADAC today. They have summer programs for kids and this year they are doing "Community Helpers" for the younger kids. Today they had firemen and the kids learned about fire safty. Kaelyn is such a worrier! I was trying to explain to her what they do (she was only half listening to them) and she got upset. Something about our house catching on fire. Then she was worried that the building we were in was on fire because the firemen were there. Finally we were able to go outside to see the firetruck. Oh, and by the way, on the way there said "fire ruck" and she's laughing at herself the whole way there. "I said fire ruck! I said the wrong word. It's fire truck!" And she has this fake laugh she does. It's funny. Anyway... I ended up chasing Morgan around the entire time. She didn't want to be held and yup, you guessed it, all she wanted to do is walk. And we were pretty close to the street too. My friend Jennie, who works there, was laughing at me, well probably more at Morgan than me. I think she just felt sorry for me. I've been getting that a lot lately, especially at church. At least I was feeling better today than I was yesterday. But now after this morning, I think I might feel worse. Maybe tomorrow will be better. I don't have to leave the house for anything. Oh, well, I lied. I do have a meeting tomorrow. Oh well, I guess I have to wait until Wednesday it have a better day.

He just shook Kaelyn's hand. She had a big smile on her face. Morgan wouldn't take her eyes off of him and when he came to shake her hand, she quickly turned away and came running to me.

When it was time to get out, Morgan would not let me take her out.
You have no idea how hard it was to get one picture of one of the girls in this hat. And either my camera sucks, or I was in too much of a hurry to take pictures before one of the kids started running off. I didn't get very good pictures today.

No comments: