Wednesday, June 11, 2008

SFR 08: Day 1

Monday, June 2, 2008

We went on a hike this day to this waterfall. Well, we at least tried. Originally we weren't planning on going, being 6 months pregnant and all. But then I felt guilty and thought we would at least try. We get there and we decided to go to the bathroom before we went up the mountain. We tried to get Kaelyn to go, but she was scared of all the blue water in there. So she didn't go. She whined the whole way up. She said her legs were killing her. Which I knew she would say. She wanted to be held and Morgan wanted to walk. We wanted it the other way around. Most of our group went ahead of us while we were using the bathroom. There were only a couple of people who could help with kids. My dad tried to hold Morgan, but took three steps and had to put her down. He hurt his back so much, he had to turn around and go wait in the car. About halfway through, Kaelyn had to go to the bathroom. We were trying to get her to go behind a tree, but I think she was worried about someone seeing her. She's very modest. While we are trying to convince her to let us pull her pants down, she is screaming the entire time. Ryan took her down the path to try and get her pants off and she starts to scream, "Daddy, I have to go!" Finally he told her just to let it out. Boy, did she! I didn't know her bladder could hold so much! At that point we decided to turn back. My cousin came back with us. She made the hike back down fun for Kaelyn. She was a completely different child on the way back. Ryan says it was like Jackel and Hyde. She was laughing and playing. I knew we wouldn't be able to do it. Later in the week I had my cousin, who is a chiropractor, look at her because she is always complaining about her legs. She reluctantly let him adjust her, but loved it. He does this cracking your neck thing that scares the crap out of me and feels like he's breaking your neck. She giggles when he did it. After, she said her legs didn't hurt anymore. I don't know if it really did work or if it was just all in her head, but she's not complaining anymore. He also adjusted Morgan that night and I didn't think she would lay still (remember, everyone calls her a little monkey). She just layed there and when he did the neck thing to her, she just laughed. It was cute.

That night we had family home evening. We all had to sing songs aobut our family. I kind of didn't want to do it, but didn't want to disappoint my aunt who had been working on this reunion for a year now. So a couple of hours before, we wrote ours. It was a fun night and everyone's songs were really cute. My mom had made pajamas for our immediate family and we wore them that night. One leg was Saints, one leg was LSU and for the t shirt she got Hornets fabric, cut out a fleur de lis and ironed it on a white t shirt. Even the babies had a set.

I'll post videos soon, but we are way behind on all of our videos and Ryan wants to consentrate on downloading the videos we have on the computer to disc before he puts anymore on it.
Eating breakfast. We thought Morgan looked so cute sitting up at the table all by herself like a big girl, without a booster chair.
Morgan loved the rocking chairs on the porch.

I love this picture of Morgan.

This is the happy Kaelyn.

Our pajamas.--Got to love our Hot Dice! We get pretty loud during this game.

3 comments:

Christy said...

I love that picture of Morgan, too!! Love the way Ryan is holding her, the way she's smiling, that its outside... everything! Too cute!

Judy said...

You guys sure do make vacationing look like fun. Glad you made it home all in one piece! See you soon.

Parkinson Family said...

the pjs are priceless! sorry about the hike, good attempt though, sometimes i think thats all that counts :) and great pics! i was like hey thats alan, it was funny