Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pictures of our trip up to Nebraska

I got the pictures from my mom!

Leaving our house in Louisiana.....In the car on the road.....At the Mormon Trail Center at the Winter Quarters Temple....The girls got to dress up as pioneers. It was so hard to get a good picture of them. Morgan never wants to have anything to do with the camera.Kaelyn pushing a handcart.
.
The cemetery (Kaelyn took some of these pictures)...The temple in the background. The gate was locked, so we couldn't drive up in the parking lot to get a decent picture. As we were leaving we found out that they had a gate opened through the cemetery to get to the temple, but we had to get to the airport.

You won't see too many headstones. Tombstones were not placed at grave sites, only documented (and not even all were documented). The tombstones you see, they said were put there after the Mormons abandoned Winter Quarters and the cemetery was used by the people who lived there until they could get their own cemetery.
Kaelyn kept picking the flowers. I was trying to explain to her that she couldn't pick them. I finally convinced her to lay them on the monument with the names of the people buried there.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I loved the girls dressed as pioneers.

Cindy Ardis said...

Your house is cute. Love the blue shutters. Winter Quarters looked awesome, the flowers were beautiful. It's looks so nice, I never thought about going up there, but I think I would love it, I know Faren would too. A wonderful tribute to the pioneers!!

Kristine said...

What a great experience for the kiddos. Those pictures are beautiful.

amee sorensen said...

Thanks for the pics! I love the last on of Kaelyn and the flowers. And the girls dressed up in those pioneer clothes are too cute! Can't wait to see more! ;)