Sunday, March 29, 2009

Zoo Trip

We went to the zoo with some friends on last Saturday. They are new to the area and were to scared to venture out to New Orleans on their own so we invited them to go with us. We are normally only at the zoo for a couple of hours, but it helped to have help with the kids. We ended up staying for four hours! It was crazy busy that day too. It was Earth Fest and there were a million people there. Good thing we got there early when we left there were long lines to get in.
I don't know why the water looks green. I swear it was blue that day.We let them play in the wading pool for the first time. Morgan stayed in this one spot. She didn't look like she was having fun, but she wouldn't let me take her out. Eventually she splashed a little and would dip down a little, just enough for her but to hit the water. We had a hard time getting them out.We don't normally do this either. In fact we usually don't go into this part of the zoo. We are usually too pooped and the kids are usually tired by this point. Surprisingly it was easy to get them out of there. Kaelyn even picked up all the shovels all the other kids left in the sand and put them back where they belonged.
When we got home, we found a bird in our house. We aren't sure if it got in as we were leaving or if it flew in when we got home. The girls loved looking for it and chasing it around the house.

2 comments:

Cindy Ardis said...

I love the zoo, looks like you had a great time.

Christy said...

You're going to make some people jealous seeing your kids in swimsuits in March. Infact, I think I'm jealous. And I live in AZ!