I've decided to start homeschooling and today is our first day. I'm a very aware that I am totally crazy. But I feel it something I need to do. I want to give my children the kind of education I wish I had and at the same time I want them to have time to be kids. These days there really isn't a whole lot of time for kids to be kids. They go to school all day, and then they come home with a ton of homework. That's part of the reason why I decided to homeschool (along with many others). I've decided to go with a classical cirriculum using the book, "The Well-Trained Mind" as a guideline. I really hope I can stick with it because it's something I really want to do.
Drop off
1 week ago






2 comments:
You're such a brave mom! I feel terrible when I say it, but I feel like i need a "break" from my kids-the 2 1/2 hours of preschool Autumn has 3 days a week is just perfect for us...AZ doesn't have the greatest rap for kids education- so I hope that if I feel they aren't getting the education I would like that I can find ways at home to teach and assist with the things they are learning at school. There's no way I trust myself to give my kids the education they need on my own. Keep us posted!!
Kerrie, I enjoyed home schooling my two youngest children. We also shared the experience with some of the other members that were home schooling. I did the math and science, another sister did the English, etc. Every Friday we did a field day relating to something we were studying. We saved coupons, etc to have the funds to be able to do it. We had fun! We also had the pledge of allegiance, said a prayer, and had a real flag. We sang patriotic songs and hymns. Our favorite hymn was, "Trying to be Like Jesus." Enjoy, you will treasure these times! I still do, and that was 15 years ago!! Dallas
Post a Comment